Sunday, December 19, 2010

Lazy Blog Post - Star Wars Bounty Hunters

























Why were those for-hire villains of Star Wars so intriguing? As a kid, I was blown away by the implications when Vader suddenly had a bunch of unscrupulous rogues lined up on the deck of his star destroyer, lecturing them about "no disintegrations!". I had always hoped for the backstory on Vader's connection to the underworld when the prequels came out, but no such luck. I guess Anakin's brief career as a bail bondsman will have to remain a mystery for now!

Incidentally, I've gotten to meet many of the "men behind the masks" of the bounty hunters over the years, and despite the scurrilous nature of the characters, they all seem like pretty nice guys. Some did charge an awful lot for an autograph though, so...;)

9 comments:

  1. For me, it was sort of an OH SHIT I THOUGHT THE EMPIRE WAS SCARY... WHO ARE THESE MOFOS?!? moment. Ah, good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought that this rogues' gallery was quite fascinating. I am not quite sure why and I had always hoped for more info on these guys in the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the Bounty Hunters that drew me in as well. As a kid my Bounty Hunter Action figures saw way more battles and action that the rest. Hunting down rogue micronauts, blasting Adventure People, ahh Great Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was the writing of Leigh Brackett that would mostly be the reason. That and the directing talents of Irvin Kirshner. It's too bad that they weren't able to develop the bounty hunters more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bounty hunters are like the ninjas of the future, in many ways. Maybe that is why they are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never felt that Bossk got enough play. And I would have liked to see more of that bug-headed droid. He looks pretty bad-ass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that fourth one from the bottom with Vader leading the group. It's like he's taking them on a personal manhunt!

    /now there's an idea for a one-off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had always hoped for the backstory on Vader's connection to the underworld when the prequels came out, but no such luck. I guess Anakin's swtor credits brief career as a bail bondsman will have to remain a mystery for now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...